At last things are moving again.
Isla has started to show first signs of coming in to season so bag is packed ready for a trip to Morecambe.
As soon as the season starts we wait 11 days and then she will have a blood test to confirm ovulation which, in her case is always day 12.
ARWEN is also due to come in to season in about six weeks so a trip up to Glasgow. This will be followed by Heaven.
Busy time ahead.
We are always upset that we cannot fully meet the demand for our dogs which is why we will only guarantee a pup if we know that within the time frame we have given that guarantee can be honoured.
With this in mind, within the next twelve months, and spread evenly throughout that time, we will be having 5 litters. Two chocolate, two black and one mixed.
ALL those waiting patiently for a pup will have one in that time.
Allocating pups is always a nightmare. Even though the bitches are scanned twice prior to giving birth we cannot predict sex or precise numbers. We take the date of booking a pup and then juggle to achieve the best outcome once we know sexes and numbers.
Please bear with us. We believe our pups are worth waiting for.
We are always in the hands of nature.
We look forward to welcoming many more new owners over the next few months and promise the same level of service and commitment that we always give.
We have decided to donate a pup to an ex RAF officer suffering from PTSD. Having visited Veterans with Dogs in Devon a few weeks ago I was totally inspired by what they do. My Grandfather put his age on in 1914 and at 14 years of age was a front line stretcher bearer.
In his memory, and in total admiration and gratitude to the officer that ran the two theatres at Camp Bastion we will be also raising funds to assist with training costs. The pup will be called Higgins in memory of my grandfather John Higgins RAMC.
Perhaps I am living in a parallel Universe. On the 10th March 2017 I presented Arwen to our vets for hip and elbow scoring. Arwen was born on the 11th March 2016 so was 365 days old which, when I was at school is a year. The guidelines from the BVA clearly states that the dog must be at least one year old-she was. When our vet sent the x rays up for scoring they were rejected on the grounds that the dog must have had the anniversary of its Birthday! They offered an unofficial scoring on their headed paper which the Kennel Club would not publish or she would need a retest. As this is done under general anaesthetic I have NO intention of repeating the process for a second time as it always carries risks. Tried to point out to BVA that she was a year old but all they said was that their data base would throw out any submissions not conforming to their anniversary statement. NO WHERE in their guide lines does it say this. I have now taken legal advice and have written to the BVA COUNCIL asking that common sense should prevail. As of now I have yet to receive a reply or even an acknowledgement.
If there is anyone else out there to whom the same has happened, and I believe there are many,
ARWEN due in season end of December or beginning of January.We will mate her on her second season or when she is two. We have found a superb stud dog for her. We will keep a pup from this litter.
ISLA We will mate her for her last litter on her next season which will be in October. All Chocolate litter. Pups due in December. Ready to go February 2018.
BRONWEN. will have her first litter early 2019.
HEAVEN will come in to season April 2018 and will have her third litter.
COCOA will come in to season June 2018. She will have her last litter and we will keep a pup from this one, probable name Galadriel.